Monday, October 5, 2026

New Release: Historical Shooting with the Martini-Henry Rifle

I am excited to announce that I have just published the next book in my Historical Shooting series, entitled Historical Shooting with the Martini-Henry Rifle.  As with the other books in the series, this is not about the history of the rifle, (although I do cover the subject at a high level for context) nor a military history of the period, but is, rather, a book about shooting the weapon as authentically as possible.  I have to emphasize this point: this book is about shooting the rifle as it was done in period, not about collecting Martini-Henry rifles.

In this book the reader will learn how to make and package ammunition for the Martini-Henry rifle, how to load, fire, strip, clean, maintain the rifle, and how to shoot it according to the military manuals of the period. The book also contains brief over-views of the rifle, ammunition, and equipment of a British soldier of the 1880s to help historical shooters assemble a kit for the hobby.

The book is perfect-bound soft cover in an 8.5x11 inch format.  It is 192 pages in length and has many full-color photographs along with dozens of charts and diagrams.  It has been published through Lulu.com, an on-demand publisher, but will shortly also be available from many online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and others after it has had time to work through their procurement process, but that will be a month or more after the date of this announcement.

The book can be purchased immediately from Lulu.com (my preferred vendor since I make a bit more from them) by clicking on the following link:

https://www.lulu.com/shop/hugh-knight/historical-shooting-with-the-martini-henry-rifle/paperback/product-w48kp4j.html?page=1&pageSize=4

As an independent author not affiliated with any of the major publishing houses, I would really appreciate it if anyone who reads and finds value in this book would please leave a review about it, that really helps with books like this.

Here is a preview of some of the pages from the book to give a sense of what it’s like (click on the pictures for larger views):

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Release: Historical Shooting with the Martini-Henry Rifle

I am excited to announce that I have just published the next book in my Historical Shooting series, entitled Historical Shooting with the Ma...