Monday, February 27, 2023

New Video Channel for Historical Shooting of the Nineteenth Century

I have discovered, somewhat to my consternation, that people prefer to see videos about how to do things rather than reading articles on the subject.  This both surprises and confuses me because videos never contain as much information about their subject as an article can, and thus seem extremely limited in value; videos usually seem to emphasize flash (and bang, when it comes to shooting) over information.  Still, videos can help people actually see the mechanics of certain operations more easily in a video, so I have created a channel on Rumble to host my videos.  The title, unsurprisingly, is Historical Shooting of the Nineteenth Century, and my ID on that site is HistoricShooter19C.

I do not intend to post many videos on this channel, my primary content is here, and that will continue, nor will I be uploading videos very regularly.  The Rumble channel gives me a place to load videos that I can link to articles on this blog, but the main information will always be in the articles.  

The link to the Rumble channel is:  https://rumble.com/c/c-2448702


No comments:

Post a Comment

Range Report 04May2024: Comparing Colt and Remington New Model Army Revolvers

  Today's shooting conditions. Today’s range session was supposed to be dedicated to doing some ballistic testing of a handful of recrea...